Student entrepreneurs get to learn the basics of starting a buisness

Will Crotts, Reporter

As an aspiring entrepreneur, Senior Josh Hong wishes he would have had the opportunity to take an entrepreneur class. He may not have had an opportunity, but his underclassmen who want to take the business path in school will have a chance.

Coming next year, Business and Graphics Design teacher Laurie Jennings will offer a class to teach students how to start up a business. The year long class will focus on how students should go about starting their own businesses and managing their business finances.

“You should join if you have any business interests whatsoever or just some great idea floating around in your head that you think that would be awesome to have come to fruition,” Jennings said.

The entrepreneur class will be available for anyone to take next year as a year long course and is recommended for anyone who has intent on starting their own business at some point in their life.

“I think it will be a helpful class to be in as a starting ground before I get into college. If you have any passion in starting your own business or anything like that, I’d recommend taking the class because they’ll benefit you,” junior Zach Lewandowski said.

Upcoming sophomores will be able to take the class as the first step on the path of business classes.

“I felt like our sophomores were really missing out on business classes, so I wanted them to be able to have an opportunity that they could get plugged into right away,” Jennings said.

Most of the focuses of the business branch of classes can be summed up in DECA. DECA is a marketing club that focuses on entrepreneurship, marketing, finance, hospitality, and management. DECA prepares future leaders in the community for business-oriented leading.

“The entrepreneurship class would’ve helped me a lot because what I’m doing now in DECA is really entrepreneurship oriented,” Hong said.