The Frazier Factor

Former Har-Ber student has potential to go to the NFL

Halle Roberts, Editor

Josh Frazier, who is a former Har-Ber high student, now plays as a defensive lineman for the Alabama Crimson Tide. Alabama’s football team recently clenched the National Championship title. As a defensive lineman, Frazier plays at the center of the defensive line and rushes the quarterback and stops running plays in the center of the line of scrimmage. As a student at Har-Ber, he excelled by becoming the number one player in the state. Frazier received the player of the game award three times in 2012 against Siloam Springs, Rogers, and Fayetteville. He also received the Player of the Game award twice in 2013 against Webb City and Bentonville. Frazier signed with Alabama in 2014 as a senior.

“Coming in there, it was just completely different,” said Frazier about the transition to Alabama.

Frazier saw playing time during the National Championship game against Georgia. Throughout his four years at Alabama, the Crimson Tide football team has been in the National Championship game three out of the four years that Frazier has been there.

“You do the same techniques and the same type of things you would do in any other game in the National Championship game,” said Frazier, “Those are what got you where you are.”

In Frazier’s senior season, the lineman played in all games and collected 14 tackles, 2 pass breakups, and one forced fumble.

“I definitely think that playing this much has helped my experience and helped me to grow as a player. It will definitely help in my push for the NFL,”said Frazier.

Being a part of the Crimson Tide football team, NFL scouts come around often, looking for new talent to rise to the pros. During his time at Alabama, Frazier has been visited by all 32 NFL teams during practices. Of these, the Indianapolis Colts, the Dallas Cowboys,  the Baltimore Ravens, and a few others have talked to Frazier personally about possible opportunities in their programs. He hopes to further his career after college by joining the NFL.

Frazier graduated this December from the University of Alabama with a degree in Communications and Computer Science. After college, he plans to continue playing football through the NFL. After he finishes his time with the pros, he plans to still be a part of the sport he loves through sports broadcasting.

“Out of the opportunities I received starting in high school and here at Alabama I really believe I’ve made the most of them,” said Frazier.