Fall fashion

Kacie Young, Review Editor

Fashion is changing along with the leaves, which means old favorites from last year and new fads are becoming more popular. Upcoming fashions such as fringe, booties, Birkenstocks, and half-buns are becoming a norm among student appearance.

Classics such as button-ups, warm colors, dark lipstick, naturally wavy and curly hair are still a constant factor among current feminine styles, while guys tend to wear graphic tees, button ups, and jeans constantly throughout the season, either throwing in a beanie or leather jacket every now and then. About 90% of students who took a fall fashion survey claimed they wear sweaters and 79% claim they wear skinny jeans.

Recurring fashions remain popular, whether they are accessories or fundamental pieces to stylized outfits. Skinny jeans, beanies, buns, sweaters, scarves, cardigans, and, of course, flannels are constants from year to year.

“My favorite part of fall fashion is the comfort of heavier clothing. There’s just something about being wrapped up in your favorite t-shirt with an oversized sweater over it. It’s like being able to carry your favorite blanket all day,” said senior Conner Colbert.

Common staples of fall fashion that’s frequently loved by both genders are colors, over-sized clothing, and the diversity that comes with layering articles of clothing.

“My fall staples are big sweaters and boots and my favorite fall fashions are variations of buns and a sassy lip color,” said senior Samantha Quarterman.

Despite the new fashions coming out, old fashions continue to dominate in popularity.

Fall staples vary in types, from pumpkin spice lattes to warm blankets, almost anything could be a must-have depending on the person.

“I love the different varieties of colors that fall fashion presents,” said senior Brittany Maits.

Guys and girls fashion vary, but both share some similarities. Graphic tees and button ups are both commonly worn by both genders. Girls have even started adapting to guy fashion by creating their own feminine spin on men’s clothing. Boyfriend jeans have become more popular, a look meant to resemble boys’ jeans in their looseness, comfort level, and pocket size.

“I’m really proud that fashion has become so diverse… It has really opened a channel of creativity and equality that breaks through the fashion barrier,” said sophomore Brenden Simmons.

Along with the seasons, fall fashion is ever changing. With new styles throughout the year mixed with constants, it only makes sense to stay comfortable and wear what we feel expresses ourselves best, whether it matches the new fads or not.